Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Gruelling Wait.

Beads of pespiration dotted my forehead as I await impatiently. In agony, I refrained from moving but the jerky movements did no help at all. With more people entering every three minutes, so was the pain. Mockings and questions which I paid no attention to whispered through the air.

How much longer do I have to wait? How much longer do I have to suffer?

I could feel it gushing out but forcing it back in took alot of my energy and I simply couldn't take it no longer. I started to pray in desperation for some consolation. I felt dumb doing that, but what was I to do then? All I could do was sit and wait. The handle somehow suppressed the pain diffusing within me as I clenched tightly onto it. The green lights offered me hope whilst the red lights offered me nothing but more pain.

The number of permutations offered to me was just one: Endure.
Just when all hope was gone, the turn caught my attention. We were finally here! The gates opened and as I ran the fastest I ever ran, dodging every single obstacle in my way, I knew that salvation was near.

As I reached the finishing line, I finally could let everything out. How great it felt. Everything was over. All the pain suffered, all the waiting, all gone.
Strolling out lighter than ever, one of my peers surveyed and inquired me,
"So, how was the toilet?"

No comments: