Thursday, October 4, 2007

God's Grace

Well,
nothing much happened in school today,
except the 'suprise' a maths mock exam we had.
Dont think i'll do well as i was tired and couldnt concentrate.
Not to mention the fact that i only realise i didnt hand in my graph at the end of school.
Haha.
What a goof am i.
Anyway,
so we had a soccer match after school;
Saints' United FC vs Senor FC (a.k.a Baboons FC).
We had lots of 'time-outs' as in the whole match,
we had a total of 7 different people having cramps on our legs;
Wei Jie, Guan Liang, Desmond, Me, Jerome, Ji Cai and Clement.
My both legs cramps that really blasted my mojo down the drain.
I couldnt run with my usual pace.
Despite my poor performance today,
God's grace still shined during the match.
We were actually leading 1-0 but then Hadi took a 'stupid' shot and lobbed Jeremy.
However i was on the goal line to supposedly clear it,
but me being too short,
i couldnt keep the ball out.
Sometimes i really wonder is football's my game or should i just quit playing football and play basketball instead.
Was really sian'd after the first half.
I really feel my height indifference being a stupid hindrance to me most of the time.
Hais.
Anyway,
second half we up the pace of the game and we could have both won it and lost it.
Janathun rattled our crossbar and that really nearly gave me a heart attack.
Well,
we didnt hold back and we made certain number of chances as well.
Then,
2 mins before the game ends,
the inevitable happened.
But once again,
who's mistake?
Yours truly.
I intercepted the ball and tried to dribble my way through acting like i can dribble or some sort when i cant.
I eventuall lost the ball at mid-field and my cramps were getting the better of me as i couldnt find the leg strength to run back into position.
Ji Cai capitalized on the space on the left side and setup the 3rd goal of the game which looked like the winner.
I was really depressed and the "2 minutes left!" really killed my faith.
But God,
being the almighty one,
showed His grace.
When i told God at that moment,
"Shit lah. God, we're really going to lose this time."
Then God told me this,
"Don't lose faith."
At that moment,
that goal spurred my teammates on and we went on relentless attacks.
A minutue later,
the impossible happened.
Desmond pounced onto a cross and headed in the equiliser with 1 minute remaining in the game. He paid the price with cramps but it was worth it.
So 2-2 at full time.
I really thank God for showing me His grace.
We were actually planning to share the spoilers but some people at Senor wanted a penalty shootout to decide the game.
I was reluctant because i knew that we would lose the penalty shootout,
no offence guys.
But we were all not in the state to kick penalties as most of us were:
1. Too tired
2. Happened to have legs cramps
3. Not trained enough on penalties
But i eventually gave in as some members of the team wanted it.
We lost in penalties 2-4.
Overall it was a good match.
This was a gauge to show us that we ought to train harder after O levels,
especially me.
After that,
we all stayed behind and goofed around.
It was fun and i joined a new club today;
The Orange Ice Cream Club.
Seah's in it too.
Haha.
So that was about it.
Went home,
bathed,
ate my dinner,
and snoozed.
Now i am actually going to study a little bit since i didnt studied anything much today.
Tomorrow's another 'school holiday' i guess.
Haha.
May God's grace be with all you people
(:

No comments: