Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Friends That Keep One Going.

First off, I would like to thank all my friends who have encouraged me throughout all my emoing.
And I'm here to say that despite feeling empty and without an aim in life,
I'll still continue to fight on.
With my only motivation, my friends.

This period would be the toughest period of any JC person's life;
promos.
The fear of repeating another year just embers through one's mind whenever the words 'promotional examinations' pops up.
With everyone busy mugging, one will definitely feel intimidated at the sight of their friends studying while you're slacking away in one corner.
I think it's not a shame to repeat a year, but it's a shame to repeat one year without trying your best.

"Take every training as you last."
These words from Mr Teng has definitely stayed in me for a long time.
I think it truly shows the amount of effort one needs to put in order to get results.
Sure one may argue that despite studying like mad, one may still fail.
And I can testify to that.
But I think that the best is still to have a clear conscience.
Knowing that you've tried your best and getting the results is definitely way better than you not trying your best and getting what you want.
This goes the same for soccer as well.
While some of the SR soccer boys are afraid of dropping to the recreational club, all I can say is train hard and have a clear conscience.
Indeed, take every training as your last.

If we learn to appreciate life by helping others yet not getting anything back in return,
why not?
I would.


Peace and love,
Lewis

No comments: