Thursday, December 27, 2007

Clowns.

Has it ever happened to you that,
at one moment you're smiling and the next you're breaking down?
Well, I had.
This usually occurs when we're in a state of PMS.
Not the sick process that involves blood,
but an activity called Personal Mental Search.

You would start to ponder about your life and the things that made you upset.
Eventually, there will be so much sorrow in you that your brain and heart can no longer suppress it.
Tears would flow uncontrollably down your cheeks.
This my friends,
is PMS.

In this world,
we are all actually clowns.
Not because we're funny,
but because we wear a mask on our faces every single day.
This mask hides all forms of mixed emotions in us.
We may look fine on the outside, but on the inside bitterness just fills it completely.
We look to cry it out but as humans,
we tend to resist that and just keep it all in us.

Why are we doing this?
Let us now question ourselves,
Just what drives your life?

Most dictionaries define the verb drive as "to guide, to control, or to direct."
Most of us would feel that it is friends that drive our lives.
I would have to say that I was one of those.
Having a goofy hairstyle to attract attention was never on the agenda,
but I did it for a similar purpose.
You've got to admit,
we always want to feel noticed.
And so we often hide all our negative emotions in order to flow with the status quot.
We also do certain things that make people notice us.
Some people choose to pierce their bodies and faces,
some people choose to inscribe permanent marks on their bodies,
some people wear weird accessories.
This my friends,
is also known as living in this world.
"It is true that we live in the world, but we do not fight for worldly motives.
- 2 Corinthians 10:3

Yes we may be living in this world,
but we should looking forward to living in the other world;
the world up high.
Don't get me wrong,
friends are important,
but they are not the most important things in life.
There are friends who won't be there even if they say they will be.
Isn't the term "I'll always be there for you." usually taken for granted?
It's simply it a term most people use just to cheer people up or hit on them but hardly mean it.
Ever get the feeling that all your friends take you for granted?
That you're doing so much for them and you're getting less back?
Sian right?

There is a friend whom we can always confide in.
A friend who'll always care.
A friend who'll never take the "I'll always be there for you." for granted.
A friend who'll take away any inch of sadness in you.
A friend who'll take away all forms of anger in you.
A friend whom you can be yourself with.
A friend beyond mortal description.
That friend is Jesus Christ.
Yep,
Lewis is being holy again you guys must be thinking.
But it's seriously true.
"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men. I would not be a servant of Christ."
- Galatians 1:10

As some of you guys know,
I once was a person full of vulgarities,
full of mischief,
full of myself,
and always full,
physically.
I used to be a clown.
But I've found a friend.
Or should I say,
that friend found me.
"This world is fading away, along with everthing it craves. But if you do the will of God, you will live forever."
- 1 John 2:17
What I'm doing is not a fight for immortality,
but a fight for the truth.
There's not much time left.

So,
what is the driving force of your life?

No comments: