Saturday, September 8, 2007

He's My Best Friend

Again,
another typical saturday.
Was supposed to play soccer in the morning with my brother,
but it started to rain,
so i went back to bed.
Woke up afterwards and straight to the tv i went.
Watched a compilation of Rowan Atkinson's stand-up comedies.
So funny.
Haha.
Anyway,
i went to church after that.
I went early for follow-up with Shaun.
Zi and Seah couldnt make it.
Anyway,
we had a a great talk and after that,
we started our pre-service prayer and worship after that.
Lilian preached the gospel today and told us this message:
Remember Me.
It's actually basically telling us the basics of remaining faithful to God.
I admit me and the guys were actually goofing around during the preaching,
but i understood what Lilian said by stayinhg faithful to God.
I apologise to Cheryl for our unattentive behaviour today.
After the preaching was life group discussion.
We all were given a short period of time to speak to God about our personal relationship with Him.
I spoke alot to Him and He told me this:
"Treat me as your best friend first, then I will treat you as mine."
So that's when i realise that,
i must first be intimate with God,
then He'll come to me.
We split up into our accountability group later;
Keith, Zi, Seah, Hao ge and me were together.
We discussed and shared about what God spoke to us and about our families.
It was a really great time of sharing as we held nothing back at the discussion.
Then Shaun came and join us and told us his testimony that God could change our entire family.
It was really amazing how graceful and omnipotent God was.
After life group,
we went for dinner and i showed everyone how i could transform to Ah-Beng-a-tron.
Haha.
Zi and Xiang left us for steamboat at his home.
We had a really great time at dinner and we discussed about the different baptisms.
Sign me, Zi and Seah up for the next baptism!
Haha.
Anyway,
we played Taboo later and it was great fun.
Left after that with Jesslyn and Jodi.
Sent them to the interchange and off i went into the nearby Mac to study.
While studying,
i met Jeremy there and so we studied together.
At around 10,
i left for Braddell to meet my mom and dad.
Jeremy stayed on to study on his own.
Went for supper with mom and dad,
and i really have to thank God,
cause i can really see the change between both of them.
Still praying for their salvation and i know it will soon be time where they will accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
I'll just have to continue having faith in the Lord.
So all in all,
it was a really fun day.
Indeed,
God really meant it when He said that i'll first have to treat Him as my best friend and then He'll treat me as mine.
And so i now declare,
God is my best friend..

No comments: