Sunday, September 30, 2007

For Your Glory And With Your Strength, And Not My Own

Stayed at Zi's house last night.
I watched Heroes Season 2 episode 1 with him.
Anyway,
We slept at 3am and woke up at 11am today.
So we woke up,
cooked our lunch and ate them.
After that,
we went cycling around seletar base camp
(that's where he lives).
Anyway,
we explored the abandoned areas and took alot of nice pictures.
We came across this massive tree
and it was really MASSIVE.
We then rode to seletar airport and back home after that.
Prepared to go for church and reached yio chu kang station at around 2.10pm.
Waited for Yisin for quite awhile before making our way down to novena.
When we reached there,
pre-service setup was done as we were late.
So during pre-service prayer,
we slit into our accountability group;
Ying Hao, Seah, Zi and me.
We prayed for each other and for service.
It is great having people praying for you.
After that we started worship.
Gospel preaching after and today,
God spoke to me.
Seah told me God told him to tell me this,
"Don't do it for your own glory, but for God's glory."
And today's sermon was about:
The Posture of Paul.
Which talked about how we must be like Paul and adopt a posture of love, total reliance and humility.
Which really spoke to me as i felt i have indeed been trying to go on with my own strength.
Not only that,
but i felt that i also have a very low self-esteem.
Anyway,
someone prayed for me and whoever did that,
i thank you.
We had to setup the chairs after service for the sunday service.
Dinner afterwards and Seah decided to go to Roccovo to buy chicken rice.
I wanted to try their pork and i asked that person,
"Uncle, can i have pork rice?"
Haha.
Too bad no more pork they said.
Pork rice..
Haha.
So went to the foodcourt as usual and joked around.
Tried to trick people into drinking this weird concoction that i made and disguised in a Mcdonald cup.
Dudley, Shawn, Zi, Seah, Seah and Seah was tricked.
Seah got tricked 3 times.
Haha.
Real smart Seah.
Anyway,
after church went to starbucks to study with Leslie, Ying Hao, Keith, Jeremy and Dudley.
Seah went home after awhile.
It was during that time that the Devil attacked me.
I suddenly felt inferior as compared to the rest as some of my church mates have an L1B5 of 10, 15, 17 and 20.
What did i get?
A pathetic 28.
So if im thinking of geting less than 10,
it will be near impossible.
I started questioning myself why am i studying so hard when i know that the outcome will still go against me.
I started feeling emo and all quiet.
Went home at around 11.15pm and caught the second last train to toa payoh.
Took 153 later and i was feeling really down.
I talked to God and He did the most amazing thing.
While on the bus,
i listened to "God Is My Strength" on my handphone,
closed my eyes and God showed me 3 visions.
I teared after that in utter shame..

No comments: