Friday, January 30, 2009

Attempting to stay on that blood-stained pitch. Attempting.

A lion's mane.
It's pride.
The saying goes, a lion without it's mane is nothing at all.
Right now, I feel like a lion who's mane is being shaved off completely.
Disintegrating.

A lion's roar.
It's toughness.
The saying goes, a lion roars to attract, scare away or to make its presence known to other felines around the perimeter.
Right now, I feel like a lion who's roar turned into a squeak.
Breaking.

It's like giving up on me.
And right now, I feel like giving up on myself.
No one may know how this feels and can just say things to cheer me up, but it's a feeling that can never be explained.
A man losing his pride.
A man realising his insignificance.

What's worse, losing something you once had or yearning to gain something you never had?
Both as bad, but I'd rather yearn than lose.

If only I could be who I can never be.
Without physical disadvantages.
Or with a stronger mental will.

Clearly it is that Man = Pride.
WIthout it, we're nothing at all.

I am nothing at all.


Peace and love,
Lewis

No comments: