Sunday, October 26, 2008

will you know my name? if I saw you in heaven.

Professor: "Part of the problem, is that everyone is on such a hurry. People haven't found meaning in their lives, so they're running all the time looking for it. They think the next car, the next house, the next job. Then they find those things are empty, too, and they keep running."

Student: "And once you start running, it's hard to slow yourself down."

Professor: "Not so hard,"

Professor: "Do you know what I do when someone wants to get ahead of me in traffic?"

Professor: "I would raise my hand, as if I was going to make a negative gesture, and then I would wave and smile."

Professor: "Instead of giving them the finger, you let them go, and you smile. And you know what?"

Professor: "A lot of times they smiled back."

Smile and let go.

Peace and love,
Lewis

No comments: