Tuesday, September 30, 2008

the east coast breeze.


I was at the beach last night.
The waves were calm and the breeze was cooling.
The sound of the crashing of the waves gave me an unimaginable comfort.
Staring blankly into the the cloudless moonlit sky, I've never seen so many stars.
Only two things were on my mind: You and my scorching past.
Unfortunately, my past overshadowed images of you.
Jet planes caught my sight and I wondered to myself,
when will it be my turn to leave on a jet plane?
Hopefully soon.
And once I'm gone, I never want to come back again.

The companionship was great, but my intention wasn't to be there to have fun.
And so, my mind drifted while my smile remained.
Constantly looking at my cell phone, only to be deluding myself.
Neither liquor nor the guitar took away my sorrows.
Hard as I tried to share, I just can't open up my mouth.
Constant fear of this leaking out, I just want it to stay this way.
Is this the end of lewis?
Currently it seems so.
No one may see this, only lewis himself can feel it.

At dawn, I saw a red sky.
How beautiful it was.
It symbolised the start of a new day, a renewal of your life.
Not today to me.
Today, it's significance to me was just the word "beautiful".

And I thought to myself,
this is just the start.


Peace and love,
Lewis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.